- A study showing that BPA exposures lead to an error in cell division called aneuploidy that causes spontaneous miscarriages, cancer, and birth defects in people, including Down Syndrome (Hunt et al. 2003).
- Independent laboratory tests found a toxic food-can lining ingredient associated with birth defects of the male and female reproductive systems
- There is a recent study linking low doses of BPA to insulin resistance
- BPA can alter the behavior of over 200 genes — These genes control the growth and repair of nearly every organ and tissue in the body. Taken in its totality, the range of toxic effects linked to BPA is similar to the litany of human health problems on the rise or common across the population, including breast and prostate cancer, diabetes, obesity, infertility, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (Myers 2007).
- Of all foods tested, chicken soup, infant formula, and ravioli had BPA levels of highest concern.
**Note the baby formula they are talking about is liquid formula in cans, and recommend if you do use formula to use only powdered or liquid in glass jars**
Its important to know that you cannot swear off BPA, and Im not saying RUN AND HIDE!!
- YES you can choose a safer water bottle
- YES you can boil beans for 30 minutes or so, while your watching TV, and store in a glass container or freeze for later usage
- YES you can buy frozen corn over canned corn
- Knowledge is KEY:
- Polycarbonate plastic contains bisphenol A and is a number 7 bottle.
- Containers with the recycling numbers 3 can contain lead, phtalates and can create dioxin, a human carcinogen.
- Number 6 is polystyrene and doesn't break down. Staying away from 3, 6 and 7 is a good idea.