1. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees
2. I recommend any potato be organic if you can. So scrub and dry 6+ (organic if you can) sweet potatoes
3. Wrap each individually in tin foil tightly
4. Place on a baking sheet (there is a lot of juices to be dripped in the roasting process)
5. Place in oven and roast for about one hour. (now go relax or do something else fun!)
6. To check stick a knife in one. It should go in and out easily when done
7. Remove and let fully cool for about an hour so you can handle them.
8. When cooled open tin foil and place a single slice down the potato. It will fall open and you can scoop the flesh right out!
I have been asked a few times when I am making a meal with sweet potatoes how I do it every day without wasting time.
|Sweet Potato Protein Muffins|
I could microwave each time, but as a working mom, even 6 minutes is too much time out of my day, plus I am not a huge fan of zapping our food.
Next option is roasting. And in my opinion this is the easiest, and allows the sweet potato to reach its full sweet potential.
9. I place 4oz servings in ziplocks and freeze for use in muffins, cookies, breads or in sauces